On 30/09/13 18:49, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:26:41 +0300
patspiper <patspi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 30/09/13 18:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:35:30 +0200
Dariusz Mazur <dar...@emadar.com> wrote:

On 2013-09-27 17:03, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:59:04 +0200
Dariusz Mazur <dar...@emadar.com> wrote:

Hi

I've noticed than lazarus (1.0.12) don't recompile units, which are
include in program on relative path
<code>
     program p;
uses
      u1 in '..\..\test\u1.pas';
begin
end;
</code>
Is "..\..\test\u1.pas" listed in the project inspector?
no,
only mention u1 with name in main file.
Add it. Then the IDE will check the file date.
Does the IDE check for lfm and include files date?
lfm yes, include files must be added.

I suppose the IDE checks the lfm in order to reload it if the file changed on disk.

I have a few doubts I would appreciate your help clarifying them:

Should lfm's be added to projects and packages?

Is it OK if include files are added by several packages and projects using these packages?

I tried even to include the lfm with the project but the IDE neglected that.
The compiler ignores changes to lfm. That means if you only change the
lfm and not the pas, the IDE will call the compiler, but the compiler
does not check resources and will not update the lfm in the exe. You
have to change the pas file too.

Does the compiler check include files (added and not added to the project/package)?

Finally, does adding defines to the project (-d) or to an include file ($DEFINE) trigger the necessary rebuild?

Stephano