On 23.10.2013 09:59, ListMember wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find where WriteLn is declared; but, apparently, WriteLn is among the select few that Lazarus will ignore 'Find Declaration' requests --at least that's how it behaves (latest Lazarus stable) on my side.

My ultimate goal, after finding where it is declared, is to locally modify that part of the sources so that (instead of writing to the console) it will use a global callback to display whatever WriteLn'ed in a TMemo.

Or, is there already an alternative to redirect console output to the running GUI?

There was already a discussion on this maillist - try to search "[fpc-devel] StdOut capture for FPC RTL" It is possible to create pipe, replace TextRec(output).Handle with pipe handle and rewrite() that output. Gui thread just reads from the read end of the pipe and updates via Syncronize() whatever you want (memo, or even synedit).
But you need to rewrite output for every thread you start later.

regards,
Anton