Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

If you're designing a headless system like a NAS, then the terminal type that you can rely on people having is pretty limited: an HTML browser or a VT-100 terminal (including telnet).

ACK

Once you're talking about an app that runs on the desktop or handheld system then the rules are completely different. Perhaps we can make a difference by constantly reminding people that it's still possible to write portable apps for that environment, and that there can be significant performance advantages doing so.

As long as this model is based on a (more or less) portable widgetset, I see no real difference vs. an browser (HTML) widgetset. What may make things complicated are LCL assumptions about nested widgets and layout management, which may be unavailable or different in a browser and HTML documents.

DoDi