Leonardo M. Ramé schrieb:
Hi, I'm passing a pointer buffer as void * to a C library that returns
Uint8 or Uint16 (and signed types).

If I explicitly declare the buffer as PByte, PWord, etc. I get exactly
what I need, but, I would like to work with an abstract type (for
example Pointer) and cast it depending on a flag returned by the
library.

If I pass a Pointer (instead of a PWord or PByte) and cast it to PWord,
for example. I get the same result if I have passed a PByte.

How can I handle a situation like this without explicitly define each
type?.

I'm not sure what you mean. How does your code look like now, and how do you want it to look?

You can modify the function declarations in your units, to accept the properly typed pointer or an Var parameter.

DoDi