Marco van de Voort schrieb:

"As for Windows, I don't really want to use Lazarus there. The Lazarus and
 Free Pascal teams have done excellent work, but there are downsides:
 Unicode support in Free Pascal on Windows is still incomplete"

I wonder what exact "support" he means.

Which hopefully makes clear that Delphi compat unicode is needed by some :-)

UTF-8 supports the same range of characters as UTF-16. When functions are missing, they can be added to either encoding.

Above quote only suggests to me that people with such a detailed opinion about "Unicode support" don't know what they really need.

DoDi