Michael Schnell wrote:
On 01/07/2014 03:11 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
WakeMainThread may or may not be implemented. You should not count on that.

Right you are.

If you want to have "decent event oriented Pascal programming" (i.e. by using TThread.Synchronize and/or TThread.Queue for handling the issues the OP requested such as doing blocking I/O in Threads),

The OP, i.e. I, did not mention doing any I/O in threads. The question was entirely whether TThread.Synchronize was usable in a non-LCL app, so that a background thread (emulating a legacy CPU etc.) can notify the frontend that significant status has changed (e.g. it's halted due to an invalid opcode).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk