On 03/17/2014 04:09 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:

If you meant the self pointer of AMethod, I of course am with you (as same is a "procedure of object").

But that is rather trivial, and AMethod could be a procedure of any class (inducing but not forcing the "TThread" instance that schedules the call.

I think that I need is too much for a simple call to QueueAsyncCall.
I'm doing tests with FP Observer implementation too.
A nice trick is to create an instance of a "data holding" object, fill it and provide it as "Data" with QueueAsyncCall. In the call you can free the "data holding" object.

Another trick that also works with TThread.Queue is to provide the data holding" class with a procedure, create and fill same and provide the procedure (including instance) with TThread.Queue. Here you need to take more care with freeing the object. I'm not sure if you simply can do "free;" as the last instruction before returning from the procedure.

-Michael