On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:26:27 +0800
Xiangrong Fang <xrf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mattias,
>
> If I understood correctly, this method is binding the template to your IDE,
> not your project.

Yes, you asked for "all new project I create".

> In another word, if I create a project and add such a project.ini file in
> the project, push it to github. You pull this project, and before you can
> use the templetate, you must install my template "separately" (not by just
> open the project.ini via lazarus), AND, after install the template you can
> use the template OUTSIDE of the project context.  i.e. the template become
> somewhat "standard", e.g. "Lazarus Project for Android" might be a custom
> template?

No.
All the methods I gave were helpers for creating new projects. They
create regular projects.
For example you set the output directory of a project 'T1' to
'output/$(TargetOS)'. Then you set "use as default" and click ok.
The next time you create a project, say 'T2', the new project will use
this output directory. The IDE just copied the value. When you now
change project T1 it has no effect on project T2 or any new project
you create.
People on github can open your project without your template and
the addons.

> What I want is not like this, but just to configure related projects to use
> common units and output there executables in common directory.

If you want to share units, then you should put them into a
Lazarus package. Especially if you want to share them with other people.

Mattias