On 06/23/2014 11:41 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
Why not put this in the existing nogui widgetset?
Maybe his in fact is a good idea.

I did not dare to suggest this, because I always in great fear to break something, as I am not at all an expert with the Lazarus / LCL internals.

What is the overhead?

- it forces to link in part of the TTimer code and part of EpikTimer, and the EventQueue code (CheckSynchronize and friends) provided by the fpc RTL - at program start it initializes the TTimer infrastructure (using part of a modified implementation of EpikTimer, e.g. calculating the TimeBase clock frequency) - at runtime, in "Application.Run", it reeds hardware ticks, checks if any timers are expired and calls CheckSynchronize (from the fpc rtl).

-Michael