Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

Hi,

I have a machine on which I'm completely unable to debug GUI programs.
The machine runs Ubunutu 12.04 LTS.
If I try to debug, the whole system (at least X11, later the complete
system) hangs as soon as there is a breakpoint in a GUI event handler.

Try debugging you app on a second instance of X  ( display :1)
in some cases X locks up when a breakpoint happens inside a X event.

Marc

It doesn't matter whether I do the debugging in Lazarus or in GDB directly.

The same program, the same breakpoint on another machine, same OS, works
just fine.

The sole difference between the 2 machines is the graphics display: An
NVidea card on the machine that is OK,
An on-board Intel chip on the machine that does not work.

So I'm inclined to suspect a buggy intel graphics driver.

Has anyone experienced such a situation? If so, I'd appreciate any hints
you may have.

Michael.