for example, let's say I have project.lpr and unit1.pas. I have both opened in Lazarus. Then I go to version control client and revert my working dir to previous commit. Suppose I changed both project.lpr and unit1.pas in last commit. I revert files; Lazarus asks: project file changed; reload project? I click yes. And then it reopens project AND saves unit1.pas. The consequence is that in working dir I will have then unit1.pas from last commit, not previous commit, despite the fact that I wanted to revert files. Because I reverted files, and right after this Lazarus saved unit1.pas as it was in code editor

I hope I managed to make some sense