On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 23:13:14 +0200
Joost van der Sluis <jo...@cnoc.nl> wrote:

Hi,

> To install the debugger just install the
> components/lazdebuggers/lazdebuggerfp.lpk package. After you've done
> this, go to tools->options->debugger and select the 'FpDebug internal
> Dwarf-debugger'.
You forgot to mention what to place into the executable edit below, because
Lazarus does not like it when you leave it empty. So I just tried with 'gdb'
and that works, but 'gimp', 'eclipse' or any other executable in the path works
as well.
So the internal debugger does not use the value of this edit but I have to put
something there so that on the next start Lazarus doesn't open its config
window before starting to tell me that there is no debugger specified.
Since I don't want to confuse myself I am not inclined to put 'gdb' there.
So my debugger executable now is 'gcc', which is IMHO a little strange.

Onto the real problem.
Starting and Stopping a program leads to an AV, always, any program.
Create new project -> run -> stop -> AV.
So I get AVs for just saving while my program is running (I use ctrl+s as a
shortcut for quick compile, just an eclipse habit ("build on save") to get rid
of error markers).
Unfortunately there is not much more info I can give you:

TMainIDE.DoInitProjectRun ProgramFilename=/tmp/project1
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] Debugger=TFpDebugDebugger
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
Got PID: 23353, TID: -1
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
  Stack trace:
  $0000000000000000
  more useless stack trace text...

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit