Hi All!

I am having a problem with a TStringGrid. Many years ago, IIRC I used Delphi 1's (I said it was many years ago :-D ) string grid and was able to programatically move the editor to any (non-fixed) cell. The editor followed the selected cell. I have been trying to get this to work in Lazarus for several days and the best I can do is get the selected cell to change under program control (the highlight follows the selection), but the editor always stays on the cell that was last selected by the mouse (the editor's border does not move, and keystrokes change the original mouse-selected cell). This results in a confusing situation where both the editor and selection are shown in different cells. When the selected cell and the editor cell match, the selection highlight disappears.

I have tried innumerable (well almost) combinations of properties, options, hacks (even tried to fake it out by sending mouse event messages to the string grid) but I can't make the darned editor move except with the mouse (or <Enter> key).

Using Lazarus 1.2.6, FPC 2.6.4 on Linux Mint 17. I haven't tried it on windows yet (that is on my agenda for tomorrow).

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a way of moving the editor with code?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Ziesig

P.S., I also have a minor annoyance: AutoAdvance, which the Docs say is activated by Mouse Clicks and Tabs, only advances when the <Enter> key is pressed. I can live with that, but I always hit the <Tab> key first ;-) .