On 03/15/2015 12:04 AM, Donald Ziesig wrote:
Hi All!

I have been trying to get the TDBCalendar control to update my database
with no success.  If I manually update the date field in the table, the
value is immediately reflected in the control - it changes to the
correct date.  On the other hand, if I put the dataset in Edit or Insert
mode and change the control's date, nothing happens after posting the
data.  The field retains its original value (either blank or the date I
manually entered).

While trying to debug this, I found a method
"TFieldDataLink.UpdateRecord" which is invoked by many of the included
files (*.inc) from DBCtrls.pp, but I can't find anywhere in the source
code where this method is declared.  Since this is where I would expect
the value to be written in the table,  and debugger "step-into" doesn't,
I am at a dead end in debugging.

Search for the fpc/packages/fcl-db source-folder. Make this the default directory in a console and do "fppkg install -o -gl". Thereafter you can step-into the fcl-db code. Maybe that can help.

And to see if you have done something strange, a simple example application would be nice. Especially if it can use the test-database in packages/fcl-db/tests.

Joost.