Oh - the old "uses" issue... "psCircle" is declared in unit TATypes which is not added to "uses" automatically at runtime.

At designtime, just use the ObjectInspector: The tree above the Object Inspector shows the chart and the series as a child of the chart. Click on the series to brings the series properties into the Object Inspector. Scroll down a bit to see the "Pointer" property, open the node and find the "Style".

Maybe you are interested also in my forum posting of today containing a lot of TAChart runtime code: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,28628.msg179298.html#msg179298