Bo Berglund wrote:

FTimer.OnTimer := @OnCheckTimer

See:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Code_Conversion_Guide

Amazing! Minutes to get a good solution! What a difference from the
Embarcadero support forum!  :)

The address symbol did the job!

It's worth noting that that's one of the few language-level incompatibilities. Bites everybody :-)

Now I am getting to the real hurdle as follows:

DongleTest.lpr(20,1) Error: Illegal COFF Magic while reading
SPROMEPS.OBJ

This caused by the following line in a suppurt file from SafeNet:

..
IMPLEMENTATION
USES
   Windows;

{$L SPROMEPS.OBJ}  { LINK WITH THE SUPERPRO OBJECT FILE }

I think that takes you back to Michael's suggestion

"If the obj file format is not GNU/FPC compatible and can't be used by the linker in fpc, " Safenet" might be able to provide a GNU C version of that file."

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk