Hi All!

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get the latest versions of fpc and lazarus installed on an almost plain vanilla Raspberry Pi.

The reason I say "almost plain vanilla" is that I have setup TightVNC, ftp, svn, etc. on a 16GB SD card loaded with raspbian-jessie. I have this backed up on my laptop so I can restart from a usable configuration.

Up until now, I have fpc 2.9.4 and Lazarus 1.5 working on a NOOBS SD Card (that is too small for what I need to do). That version of Lazarus has a bug that has been fixed in 1.6 so I would like to get 1.6 or 1.7 working.

I am using an example tracked down from the FreePascal.org website. The ultimate website is:

http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/#getfpc

Going step-by-step from this site:

It says to install fpc 2.6.4 as the bootstrap compiler. Another place says 3.0.0 is the
required bootstrap.  I can't find 3.0.0 for Pi so here goes with 2.6.4.

# sudo su
# mkdir /usr/local/fpc
# cd /usr/local/fpc
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.6.4/fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
# tar xvf fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
# cd fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux

### answer first prompt with /usr/local, the rest with <cr>

# ./install.sh
# cd /usr/local/fpc
# svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk source
Checked out revision 32692.

# cd source
# make all OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF

Much text, followed by

types.pp(652,17) Error: function header doesn't match the previous declaration "TRectF.Union(const TRectF):<record type>;"
types.pp(667) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Makefile:3711: recipe for target 'types.ppu' failed

-----

I have tried various combinations of suggestions from this website and others and have yet to be able to get fpc and/or lazarus to compile and install from sources. The errors are different, but the result is the same: no fpc/lazarus.:'(

Can anyone point me to instructions/examples that work on the Raspberry Pi using raspbian-jessie?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig.