Am 17.01.2016 20:17 schrieb "Ondrej Pokorny" <laza...@kluug.net>:

> On 17.01.2016 19:29, Juha Manninen wrote:
>>
>> It is opened if it was left open when Lazarus was closed previously.
>

> No, it is not. It is opened if you saved your desktop with search result
dialog opened. If you saved your desktop with search result dialog closed,
it won't be opened.
> If you have enabled "auto save desktop" option and you close the IDE with
search result dialog opened, of course it is opened the next time.

> This is correct behaviour. Do not change it!!! E.g. some people want the
search result dialog have docked or opened by default.

I agree. I don't mind it to be open from the beginning either, normally I'm
docking it into a tab with the message window anyway.
Which reminds me: would the Search tab be automatically brought to front if
I search something and the Message tab is in the front? I know I could
simply test that myself, but till I'm in front of a Lazarus today I'll
probably have forgotten that...

Regards,
Sven