Op 05-02-16 om 14:20 schreef Bo Berglund:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 21:10:54 +0100, Koenraad Lelong
<lazar...@de-brouwerij.be> wrote:

Op 04-02-16 om 17:17 schreef Bo Berglund:
Then whatever data comes in through the Ethernet port should be sent
via the WiFi connection to the instrument.
All data received from the instrument should be sent out to the
connected client on the Ethernet connection.
So the program I am looking for should not do anything at all with the
data content, except transfer byte-by-byte between the networks.

And this should be running on a Raspberry Pi2B so it can be easily
deployed in the place the instrument is located. Meanwhile I can sit
in another building and test the actual client code.

Is there something like this available already?

Hi,

Isn't this just port-forwarding ? Set up the firewall to forward data to
the wired NIC to the device's address and port.

Which firewall?
But you are right in the port forwarding part. I want my new RPi2 unit
to forward the communications on port 1001 on the Ethernet side to a
specific unit on the WiFi side on its 1001 port.

Every linux-machine, and the pi is no exception, has a firewall : iptables. You could configure it manually, but myself, I prefer shorewall to configure the firewall.

Koenraad.