On 03/07/2016 10:15 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:

When I try to find a gtk3 setting inside Lazarus I only do so in the
dialog Tools/Configure_BuildLazarus, where it is contained in a
dropdown box labelled "LCL widget type" and named "gtk3 (alpha)".

There seems to be no way to build an *application* with gtk3 without
rebuilding the whole Lazarus environment first, is this the case?

That's not true. You can build lazarus for qt or gtk2 and build gtk3 app without problem. Note that gtk3 is really alpha, most of winapi isn't implemented yet.

zeljko