On 23/03/2016 14:18, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 03/23/2016 03:00 PM, David Taylor wrote:

Using the RPi-3 is a significantly more pleasant experience than the
RPi-2, even just headless when compiling things.  Highly recommended.
I did have some minor issues with Jessie, with the serial port on the
RPi-3, and with gpsd not suto-starting.
But still no "official" 64 bit OS, yet :-(

-Michael

--

But with "only" 1 GB of memory, 64-bit may be no better than 32-bit. The hardware, though, is 64-bit with the advantages that brings in memory access speeds. I've seen nothing of the Raspberry Pi cards which I use which would benefit from a 64-bit version.

--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu