On 24/03/2016 14:35, Aradeonas wrote:

    The recommende way is and has always been to use the
    --pcp=path/to/config commandline parameter.
    Why do you insist that it must be done in another way?
    Why can you simpy use the mechanismes we have provided for just that?

    If you don want a shortcut (why???) then just start it from the
    console (as i do with lazarus fixes branch).

Ok. One simple reason I dont like to make shortcut with custom parameter with my apps and one good reason for that is, Windows Taskbar that you can pin apps dont accept parameters so if you pin you Lazarus that runs with parameters and next time click on icon on taskbar it will open but keep another shortcut on Taskabr.
It is annoying for someone likes me that like to keep my stuff organized.
Second reason is Im curious, everytime I saw shortcut way for running multiple reason and it seems there is a better reason out there and Im a programmer I like to find a better way and when I cant I ask from others. Originally I should ask @Anthony about his works but it seems he refuse answering or supporting about his works so I ask here for future needs of others like me.

That is what the lazarus.cfg file is for.

Instead of supplying the parameters fer --pcp, you put them into the cfg file.

lazarus.exe, when started, looks for a lazarus.cfg file in the same folder as the exe. If found it adds the content to its command line params. (one per line).

so if you have
c:\lazarus   installation of 1.6, should use config in the default location
c:\laz_trunk   needs different config

then you add
c:\laz_trunk\lazarus.cfg
with the --pcp param you need.

And with that you can start c:\laz_trunk\lazarus.exe anyway you want, it will use the pcp given in the cfg file.