On 17 May 2016 at 16:34, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaert...@netcologne.de> wrote:

> For Debian maintainers and other third party bundles we should gather
> the abbreviated license information in the components/readme.txt, so
> they can easier pick the cherries.

It's not a bad idea.

Maybe we can go even a step further, to avoid duplication and introduce
some consistency:

1) Document licensing terms in *.lpk files of each package (making it
mandatory for all future packages).
2) Use 2 licensing attributes/nodes in *.lpk files:
    A) License Title (e.g. "GPL", "LGPL", "MPL", "MIT", "BSD" ... "Custom"
- so that it can be easily enumerated and summarized);
    B) License Description (i.e. this can be the full license text, in case
of "Custom" licensing terms)
3) Create IDE tools to summarize licensing terms of:
   A) Currently installed packages,
   B) All available packages,
   C) Packages used in the current project (if possible)

If this is suitable, I volunteer to analyze licensing terms of existing
packages and implement the work above.

Denis