Please don't take it personaly but I think you people should stop talking and start working. Make that roadmap yourself, post it on the mailing list, don't talk about it.

Ales

OK, nice to see that these initiatives are supported by the core team. But
the problem I have is that these items should however be coordinated in some
way. This is to prevent using all resources in the wrong way.
There's no use in everybody starting to work on a new website, or mailing
the Torry club at the same time.
Besides that, I think there should be some consensus on how to proceed
before acting upon the urge. As was previously proposed, we could use for
instance use the lazarus ccr general mailinglist to discuss "marketing" and
look and feel stuff, but this is not enough. I feel that a group of lets say
three to five should commit themselves to the task and start to make a
"roadmap" on how to promote lazarus to the community. The roadmap should be
a result of all ideas that live within the lazarus community currently.
Tasks could then very well be assigned (as a bug is assigned) to people that
perform the task and report back. The advantage is that items can be
prioritised and monitored.
Of all the items that have been mentioned in this thread I think that the
main point is; that besides "functional" imrovements to lazarus the increase
of potential users should be considered "functional" as well.

Darius