I've been following the SP war since it started and learned a few facts which are wrongly understood. FYI software patents in europe are NOT abolished, but nether are they enforced today. The big victory we won not so long ago was basicly just a defencive victory, they didn't get forward in pushing software patents.

What I'm trying to say is that it depends on your country if software patents are or are not enforcable by law. I know for example that in my country they aren't, they are luckily more or less abolished(since software is considered art in here more or less).

I'm writing it as a warning so you don't get an ugly surprise.

Luckily, in Europe (where the FPC team lives) software patents do not exist...

Michael.