Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.09.2005, 21:00 -0300 schrieb Felipe Monteiro de
Carvalho:

> On 9/6/05, dannym <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>         errr?
>
>         no. Just for the one user that installed or uses the program,
>         of course.
>         Or still better, none. Put it in the application menu.
>

> I usually deploy on RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages.
>
> The package contains a bash script that is executed as superuser. So I
> have no way of knowing whitch user is actually going to use the
> program, as this will almost certainly not be the "root".

- create the icon when program is first started as user, or
- let the user create the icon

> I like desktop icons =)
>
> Unfortunatly it seams that desktop icons do not exist on all window
> managers.

like xfce (changing right now), windowmaker, enlightenment, fluxbox,
fvwm, ... yes...

I myself dont use desktop icons but I can relate why they might me
nice... (like immediately being visible after logging in, freely
positionable)

if I had a larger screen, they might be actually useful, but as-is, they
are _always_ covered by about >= 5 full screen windows, so I wouldnt see
them either way :)

> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

cheers,