Yeah... it is how all need to be.. i mean, to have something stable and not to have headatches, you need the needed things, a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and of course the mainframe... That's why i think the best apple have actually is the iBook series. And, one good thing you need to know is that if you want to be programing, is better to have a portable computer and one of the most important things (a flat LCD monitor) because this will take care of your eyes and head... :) Standart CRT monitors have Radiation, and the vibration causes you to force your eyes more than with one LCD monitor... So, my simple opinion is that this valuate the inversion and the diference is not so big...
:)

Greetings.

Roberto.