Lord Satan wrote:

I am using Ubuntu myself but I installed GTK1 and never tried to build Lazarus with GTK2 support so I cannot help you there.

AHA! I always knew there was something evil about Ubuntu! If "Lord Satan" uses it, that just confirms my suspicions ;-)

As far as I can see libglib2.0-dev is in the standard Ubuntu repository, you
should be able to just 'apt-get install' it or you can use synaptic.
My understanding is that Ubuntu is basically a prettied-up Debian, so you sould be able to find any packages you need.

-Tony