Problem description:

Operation System - Windows 200 SP4. Lazarus - 0.9.11 from the 9th of October 2005.
Try to make any simple project and put a StringGrid on it, Go to Object Inspector and maximize "Options" line. You will see StringGrid options -  goTabs, goEditing, goColMoving, etc. Try to change any value - you will see that the value is added with some garbage - as it shown on screenshot.

Also I found same problem in other parts of Lazarus IDE - I will make some screenshots and may sent it to any responsible person.

This problem  NOT depends on  Lazarus Language - I see the same result when the Language was set to [en] and to [ruutf]

Regards, Alexey.