Hi Graeme,

Indeed Zeoslib accesses many databases natively too. I want to work
with PostgreSQL... but the possibility to link to other DB is very
interesting for the flexibility it gives to the software.

I will have to take a look more in deep to OPF to see what it can do
for me. There are application examples, so it will also give me a
quick idea. I'll be able to take the best decision for our devel after
that. Fortunately this is not urgent for now, we are only gathering
data and informations for futur projetcs.

Thank you for your toughts on the issue.

On 12/7/05, Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> A well designed OPF can access any database with very little effort, if
> access doesn't already exist.  In the case of tiOPF, you can make it
> support a new persistence layer in about a day.  Most SQL persistence
> layers are very similar and one just needs to take a look at the other
> SQL layers to see what needs to be overriden.
>
> In the case of tiOPF we chose native access for the SQL layers.  eg: DOA
> components for Oracle, IBX for Interbase/Firebird, etc...
> Zeoslib can access multiple types of databases, yes?  Then that should
> be similar to Delphi's dbExpress, which is also supported by tiOPF
> (though not for very long).
>
> I chose to use tiOPF as the persistence part is great and the OPF gives
> you a lot of other great funtionality for free (the Visitor design
> pattern comes to mind).  The learning curve might be a bit higher, but
> you tend to end up with a better designed application.
>
> Regards,
>     - Graeme -
>
> Alexandre Leclerc wrote:
> > I plan to build a huge app with PostgreSQL... and now I see about OPF.
> > What is the best approach from you point of view: Going with OPF (they
> > do not talk about PostgrSQL... is it native access or ODBC?) or going
> > with the ZeosLib framework?

Alexandre Leclerc