>Maybe you can take a look at
>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/RingChart_and_AnalogWatch
>to see how to create a analogue clock. ;-)

Huh? Well, yes... I know there are lots of clocks available :)

What I had in mind, really was to convert a simple Delphi
freeware component to see what needs to be done. Now I should
have at least a vague idea of it so I'll write down what I have done.

After that, the next chapter is a bit more demanding: I will try to
convert a DXF reader/display class to Lazarus. It is a freeware
component and worked well in my commercial Delphi application
I wrote in 1997.

As for the icon I did, again, run into a trouble. I used an icon editor
called "IconXP" that should export XPM. However, when linking the
resource, Lazarus fails to start, stating that the bitmap resource is
invalid.

A look at the XPM file revealed that the icon editor produces:
  static const unsigned char * tclock_xpm[] = {
instead of
  static char * tclock_xpm[] = {

After fixing that everything was ok. Any idea about a decent xpm
icon editor that would make valid Lazarus XPM?

Markku
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]