>       if IntfImg1.Colors[x,y].alpha<>colTransparent then
I think that should say
    if IntfImg1.Colors[x,y]<>colTransparent then

without the 'alpha' right ?

>BTW, instead of pixarray you can use the TLazIntfImage directly. This way

That is an option, of course. However, speed is not the main problem
here as I am dealing with very small bitmaps. I will look into the internal
representation before doing any undo/redo/save implementation.

Here is a screenshot of what I have done so far:

http://xdb.fi/lazarus/images/IconEditor.jpg

Pen, ColorPicker, Eraser, Selection, and Rectangle tools are working
already. I  will possibly not have the time or skill to create everything I
have included in the tool palette (spray, for instance, may be too much
for me), but we'll see...

This is great fun after working several years with other languages. Thanks
for helping me out of the trap :)

Markku
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]