On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:12:35 +0100 (CET)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > I have prepared some screenshots of a concept look and feel for Lazarus.
> > Please check it out at:
> >
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/GUI_design#Look_and_Feel
> >
> > Feel free to comment, but please accept that this is just a concept. So
> > It has no use to discuss the details of the displayd forms themselves
> > unless it would impact the general look and feel. Ultimately each form
> > in itself will be subject to discussion to fit the purpose.
>
> The guidelines are ok I think, but
>
> Help should be optional tho. Lots of grayed out boxes everywhere are IMHO
> evil. Disable them.
>
> I don't like several aspects of the screenshots
> - First, the "positive" button should always be right, IOW cancel should
> be
>         left from the positive one. Note that there is inconsistency in
>         the
>       screenshots. The "todolist info" screen is ok in this respect,
>       the lower ones not.

> - I don't like the way multiple functionality is listed into one and
>       the same dialogue. It looks baroque. Most notably:
>       - The "nested" clear buttons in some of them. What is this anyway,
>          an edit or display-only form?

There is only one place in the IDE, where you can see the include file. So,
where else should the clear button be placed?

>       - I don't like buttons like "Show CodeTools Values" . The whole idea
>       of fixed
>          buttons in std dialect is safer and automatic use. All kinds of
>          non std buttons there that are not related to basic choices are
>          IMHO not ok.

Where should it be placed?

> - Of course the botton button placement (alignment) in the two
> "information
>        about" dialogues is bad. It seems that a random height of
>       the buttonrow and random distances from the borders of the window
>       are chosen. It looks messy, specially if you see such dialogues at
>       once or quickly after eachother.

> - Editable path lists (information about unitinitdialog) should always use
>       the fancy directory picker.

The paths in the unitinfo dialog are readonly. Why use a picker?

> - In the same dialog, the room before the edit boxes is too small. Keep
>       internationalization in mind! Nearly all language are longer than
>       english.

We need some autosizing for label/control sets.

> - Only the "XP" look buttons (help and ok in the "info about todo"
> dialogue)
>       show button keybindings.

Mattias