Hello,

This has being discussed before, but was non-conclusive. A conditional compile was added around code witch forwards all messages >= WM_USER to the LCL (and thus WndProc) on Win32 Widgetset.

I see many advantages on not having the conditional compile, but I can't see any advantages of having it. Thus I think Lazarus would be a better software without it.

Advantages of not having the conditional compile:

* Compatibility with Delphi

* No need to recompile the LCL. This can take around 20 minutes on a very old 400 Mhz computer.

* Does not affect multiplatform capabilities because windows will never send a message >= WM_USER unless the programmer has created code witch tells windows to send such messages. Even if Windows starts sending messages for no reason, I still don't see how this would affect Linux code.

Advantages of having the conditional compile:

please, fill me.

thanks a lot for your attention,

Felipe