> Yes, this is my favourite. As you can imagine, on embedded
> nano-computers every single byte has to be checked if it does something
> useful, the other ones have to go home. ;)

Do you think the PStrList will be useful, and some other "fake" (byte friendly)
classes (objects) in CompactUtils? I know pure arrays and and simple variables
without any objects at all, will save bytes, but hey wouldn't it be nice to
have some
of object oriented programming without the cost of bytes?

Yes in your case embedded programming will not benefit from DLL programming of
course - in fact dll programming is more inefficient than static linking
because with
static linking you don't have to load the entire DLL with wasted functions in
it.

I'm not one of those dudes who is anal about having Exe's small - it's just a
matter
of having a leading advantage of being able to upload a nice small 30kb
powerful CGI
program and of course being able to work with embedded systems. That is one
advantage
with FPC is being able to work with embedded systems, over say python or perl.
I'm
sure people would love working with Pascal rather than C for embedded systems,
but in
order for Pascal to have a chance in embedded systems we must have projects
like this
compactutils and system.ppu replacements, otherwise people will have to resort
to C.
Because the big 30kb hello world exe and the 90kb hello world exe with sysutils
in
the uses clause is not good for embedded systems.