----- Original Message -----
From: "Panagiotis Sidiropoulos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lazarus@miraclec.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: RE: [lazarus] Turbopower IPro problem - selecting text in HtmlPanel

> >Sorry in my previous message (still I don't get it)
> >I wrote the revision wrong the correct is 8227
> >see
> http://www.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?root=lazarus&rev=8227&view
> =rev
>
> Visiting above mentioned url for revision 8227, I can see that
> PaintSelection implementaiton is missing.

PaintSelection is not currently used in TpIpro Lazarus.

> At "diif from previous' page, the difference is as follows:
> Prior: writeln('TIpHtml.PaintSelection  PatBlt not implemented');
> New: DebugLn('TIpHtml.PaintSelection  PatBlt not implemented');
>
> Please advise.
>
>     if PageRectToScreen(R, R) then begin
>       {$IFDEF IP_LAZARUS}
>       DebugLn('TIpHtml.PaintSelection  PatBlt not implemented');
>       {$ELSE}
>       PatBlt(PaintBuffer.Handle, R.Left, R.Top,
>         R.Right - R.Left, R.Bottom - R.Top, DSTINVERT);
>       {$ENDIF}
>     end;
>
> Panagiotis

There were several changes from WriteLn to DebugLn in that patch.

Perhaps we both have different concepts about "invert", for invert I mean this:
from opera 6: http://mx.geocities.com/jesusrmx/lazarus/images/opera6render.png

actually browsers do something like this:

from ie 5.0.x: http://mx.geocities.com/jesusrmx/lazarus/images/ierender.png
or opera 7 and up:
http://mx.geocities.com/jesusrmx/lazarus/images/opera7render.png
and
lazarus actually
http://mx.geocities.com/jesusrmx/lazarus/images/lazarusrender.png

ok it needs some work :D
I don't hold a copy of tpipro example when I implemented inverted selection but
it did look like the opera 6 one.

Jesus Reyes A.