I tried from two different ISP's.  My home account and our work
account.  I confirmed with the network admin that the ISP is
different.  No luck!

I have also tried a fresh checkout to a new directory.  No luck!

svn client version tried: 1.1.2 (I think), 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 (binary
release and compiled from source). No change.

OS's tried:  WinXP, Win2000 and Ubuntu Linux 5.10.  No change.

What is strange is that this only occurs with the FPC and Lazarus
repositories, which are the same server.  Checking out files from
other repositories on other servers work fine (using the svn:// and
the http:// protocol).

Regards,
  - Graeme -