> I am with Michael on this one.
> I don't see much benefits in the examples you showed, as none of the
> dialogs offers more functionality but just some colorfull icons (read
> bloat). If anything I'd like to see the Lazarus dialog look a little like
> the eclipse 'new project'-dialog, as it offers the same functionality as
> now and looks a little nicer (i don't need the icons btw) I just don't
> like the separate description widget to the right.

Ok, maybe you don`t need a description, but do you really thing that
someone new to Lazarus will find that a easy to use dialog? Will he
understand at all what all options mean? I don`t think so.

About icons, they are widely used as metaphors since perhaps Apple II,
20 years ago. Why go back in time to old and unused User Interface
designs?? none of the listed IDE don`t use icons. If well used they
can do much good to the usability and appearance of the dialog. Ok,
maybe big icons without a explanation like Delphi has are bad, but
what about small icons like on Eclipse?

> Just install the cgilazide.lpk

Ok, we *really* need better documentation. I`ve being using the Wiki a
lot and already sent a patch to the online docs and I had never, ever
heard about that.

I would even add that dialogs should have a "Help" button, possibly
linking to the Wiki.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho