Exactly - a shortcut (perhaps Shift-Ctrl-F9) to compile only - otherwise it is necessary to insert / remove the compiler switch (which sort of defeats the fast check attempt)
Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

The -s option in the Project -> Compiler Options -> Other -> Custom
options will do that, but maybe a option in the Run menu would be
nice, or some keyboard shortcut.

Regards,
 - Graeme -