----- Original Message -----
From: "Panagiotis Sidiropoulos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lazarus@miraclec.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: [lazarus] HtmlPanel: Non Latin alhabets and utf codepage.

> OK, let's take it from the start. I downloaded your version of ip.
> Uninstalled ip already intalled. Installed yours.
>
> Then I opened your example. While opening I got the error message:
> Class: TButton
> Error reading OpenHTMLButton1.BorderSpacing.InnerBorder: Unknown
>
> This is repeated three times (one for each button). Probably it is not
> related to the issue discussed here, I'm mentioning it just in case.

Then probably we are not using the same FPC version, but this should not matter
as far as
the Charset support is in your LCL copy.

> Finally, I got example opened in Lazarus, made corrections because of
> previous errors and compiled. Opening the program I see your default
> html file. Opening my html file I got same results. I could not make it
> to work. What I ever managed to do is to display one byte per character
> but I can only see western latin 1 char set, not greek.
>
> I believe that if current char set can change then I could see proper
> greek characters. I also checked representation like &#250; by which I
> can see proper western latin 1 set.
>
> Despite I can see .charset propery into iphtml.pas, it is not affecting
> results, at least I think.

How do we know if you have an LCL with charset support?,  Open file
lazarus/lcl/lcltype.pp if there is a function: function
StringToCharset(Charset: string): Byte; then you have a correct lcl. I think
you have a lcl with charset support or else the compiler should complain but we
are just reviewing the check list :)

I sent you two versions of you sample-html file, one stripped "face" attribute
and one as it was, you should open the stripped one. Open the file with some
editor you should find that there are not anymore face="Arial" attribute.

Another thing to check is the default font you are using (I mean in the edit
text and once the checkbox is checked) does it support GREEK_CHARSET. For this
is critical the program fontsenum in lazarus examples directory, it will tell
you what fonts do support GREEK_CHARSET.

Apart from that I'm out of ideas, but we can continue in private if you want.

Regards.

Jesus Reyes A.