Well I did some research and the GTK way of doing it is really very simple,
except that the method (modify_font) doesn´t seem to exist in PGTKWidget
which I surmise is because the definition of THAT is taken from the GTK1
definition.
According to the GTK2 docs, all GTK2 widgets derive from GTKWidget and should
inherrit modify_font which can set any pangoFontDescription, the only
remaining part is to convert a tfont TO a PangoFontDescription (well
PPangoFontDescription actually).

So the RIGHT way I believe is to enable the method, presumably by descending
PGTKWidget to create PGTK2Widget (oddly TGK2Widget exists but TGKWidget does
not) - which may have the inadvertent side effect of meaning that damn near
every bit of GTK needs to have it´s type definitions altered to call and use
the derived class, either that or GTK2 should simply overWRITE the PGTKWidget
definition with it´s own version that enables the GTK2 specific features.

Thoughts anyone ?

Ciao
A.J.
--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."