>so if there is something wrong with the sample I thought it should
>be gtk2 and the only problem I found was the position returned
>mismatched visually the substring

I tried to find a relation between results but there is no any kind of
pattern, for example, for the first character give 1, the second 3 and
21st give 41. Visually mismatch is the problem, I need to rearrange
characters for indexing reasons and can't trace what character is what
into convertion table.

I will try to update Lazarus and FPC, just to be sure.

Panagiotis