Am Freitag, den 03.03.2006, 19:45 +0200 schrieb Markku Niskanen:
> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:15:05 +0100, Danny Milosavljevic
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >In gtk terminology that's a "drawing area". A dia canvas is the complex
> >thing that *stores* the shapes as objects and such...
>
>       I have been really busy for the past few weeks but I have
>       now tested the DXF library I used 6-7 years ago in Delphi.
>               After the LCL corrections with arcs it seems to work now.
>       It stores the DXF objects as structures of some sort so it
>       might be of some use.
>
>       For the time being it just reads a DXF file and is capable
>       of displaying it... and I suppose it can also detect the mouse
>       movement on the object (I never used this feature).
>
>       If anyone is interested I will mail it gladly.

May I ask which version of the DXF spec you are using?

In the past I had a lot trouble with DXF, mostly because Autodesk isn't
folowing their own definitions. Since Autocad 2000 or 2002 many files
from qcad(2) cannot be read by autocad.

If it would be possible to read in in the "defective" files and
(re)write them again in a proper manner seen from within autocad, I
would like to do some testing on it.

My last actions with Delphi and DXF were based on the library written by
a guy named John Biddiscombe dating from 1997, but I could not get in
contact with him.

Regards,
Marc