From: "Mattias Gaertner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:03:25 +0200

From: "Michael Van Canneyt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Normally, the 'fpc' binary can choose the correct compiler name
> > > based  on
> > > target OS and CPU setting. That is what it is for in the first
> > > place.
> >
> > I do not see in fpc source that it can run crosscompiler. It only run
> > native
> > compiler.
>
> Then it must be corrected;
> The function of 'fpc' is to call the correct compiler based on the
> CPU/OS target settings.

Yes.

Let discuss other things.

In Windows installation fpc.exe is located in pp\bin\i386-win32
I suppose ppcrossarm.exe and cross binutils need to be located here too.
Cross binutils will be prefixed (e.g. arm-wince-as.exe)
Lazarus should setup crossbinutils prefix using -XP compiler option (it
will  look like -XParm-wince- for arm-wince target).

Yes, or -XPfpc-i386-win32- for win32 under linux, or many other
possibilities.

Do you mean -XPi386-win32- ?

We need 'target' specific compiler options. With 'target' I do not only mean
CPU, OS or LCL target.

Maybe this helps at the moment: you can add this to fpc.cfg:

# set binutils paths for crosscompiling
#IFDEF FPC_CROSSCOMPILING
 -XParm-wince-
#ENDIF

Yes. Currently it is possible to setup Lazarus for crosscompiling. But it will break native compiling and we discuss how to make cross and native comiling live together at the same time. For example if you open Win32 project it will compile Win32 app, if you open WinCE project it will compile it too without changing anything in options.

Yury Sidorov.