> > What I also miss is Dataset.Applyupdates
> > And offcourse transaction.commit

> I don't understand the purpose of the datasource.dataset.  I have been
> reading
> the examples files from FPC.  In the files they do not use the
> datasource.dataset anywhere.  Does this mean that I'm not suppose to use the
> datasets?  Are the datasets something from Lazarus?  The only information I
> have has to do with stuff I have read from the web (mostly delphi stuff) and
> what little information is available from the wiki.  Could someone explain?
> How does the sqlquery1 know about the changes?  I thought the dataset
> understood the changes?

TSQLQuery is a dataset. On the other hand, a dataset is not always a
TSQLQuery, there are other datasets, like tDbf, for dbase-and alike
databases. Or TSQliteDS. But for Lazarus they are all the same, and it
doesn't matter what kind of database is behind it.

But it's more the other way around: in the fpc-examples the DataSource
isn't used. And although the datasource is a part of fpc, it's
effectively only used in Lazarus. And it's only purpose is to link a
dataset to the db-aware controls.

Now with this information in mind, try to read all the documentation and
examples again, and I think that things will become more clear.

Joost