On Tuesday 21 March 2006 03:59, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, johnf wrote:
> > I got Lazarus installed and it appears to run but when I attempt to
> > compile a project it errors immediately with "unable to find glib".  When
> > I check the installed packages it shows glib as installed.  How do I tell
> > Lazarus where glib is located?
>
> You must install at least glib-devel, gtk-devel, gdkpixbuf-devel.
>
> I think there is a FAQ about this in the WIKI.
>
> Michael.
I have it fixed.  I really don't know the cause because in my efforts to fix
the issue I lost the sequence of events.  But in the end I found
"2.0.2/Units" instead of "2.1.1/Units" in the fpc.cfg file.  I actually
thought I had checked the fpc.cfg file but to be honest I was really checking
to see that I did not have other "cfg" files (as per the FAQ).  Anyway it
works.

BTW I only moved to Fedora 5 (still have the SUSE on a different machine)
because I really hate the look and feel of Lazarus on SUSE 10.0.  For some
reason the fonts are not right, the sizing of the forms, buttons etc.. always
look wrong. It could be something I have done because I wanted bigger fonts
for the rest of KDE.

John