On Tuesday 28 March 2006 00:05, Alain Michaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am not a developer and probably do not know much about all this, but
> here is what I thought:
>
> 1 - Lazarus / FPC will install very well on all Mandriva distributions.
> I have tried many versions etc, and it worked well.
>
> 2 - Lazarus / FPC is difficult to install on SUSE 9.3. It seems that
> Suse does not care too much about GTK-1 and the GUI is very ugly and it
> is very difficult to fix. (So far I could not compile the SVN on suse).

I haven't tried lazarus on Suze, but I have run my laz apps on it, though I
found that the tgz packages from slackware for gtk and gdk-pixbuf worked
better than the suze packages - so this may well affect the IDE as well.

A.J.

--
"there's nothing as inspirational for a hacker as a cat obscuring a bug
by sitting in front of the monitor" - Boudewijn Rempt