On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:32:56 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Micha Nelissen wrote:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >     I don't know Delphi behavior at all, but based on my experience
> > >     with MSAccess, it is not possible to have a ShowModal +
> > >     Form2.anything. "Modal" mode creates a window that must, somehow,
> > >     be closed (either canceled or completed) before the application
> > >     proceeds to some other step. If Dephi allows other than this, then
> > >     I think it is wrong, and Lazarus doesn't need to concern itself
> > >     with it. When an application
> >
> > I think at least recursive ShowModal should work correctly. It's not
> > strange for a form that needs input from a user to itself need more
> > input for some specific "field".
>
> That definitely works in Delphi, and this is how it should be...

And that works in Lazarus.
The question is, what about modal grouping? What does the VCL create when
doing Form1.ShowModal, Form2.Show? Is Form2 put into a group with Form1 or
into the base group of MainForm?
Can someone test under Delphi?

Mattias