On 3/29/06, Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am busy reading through the wiki and studying the interface code. I
> am new to Qt and know there is a GPL Qt and a Commercial Qt.  Do they
> vary in features or just licensing?

The commercial version has some extra features, but they are not
important to us.

>From http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licensing.html

"Trolltech support and commercial-only Qt components such as
commercial database drivers and the Visual Studio Integration on
Windows."

We don't need database drivers, we already have them, and of course we
don't care about VS integration =)

The bindings don't have features from the commercial version, so you
can be sure that it can compile with both versions and LCL-Qt also
can.

Also remember that KDE uses the GPL Qt, so you can be sure that
everything we need to create a Qt LCL widgetset is in the GPL version.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho