> Hi
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction please.  I have added the
> unit pgcl (a postgres access unit) to a project which built and compiled
> perfectly without any problems. Now when I build the project , a message
> "error while linking" occurs and the project compilation does not
> complete.  Since there are no other messages that could point me in the
> direction of where to look for the problem - I have no idea as to how to
> sove this.

Use the command line to find out.
fpc project1.lpr -options

Lazarus really needs to show these errors, I think it skips part of the error
and only reads some of it (the non-important part in this case). It won't tell
you that "as.exe" or "as" is missing, and other things.
Or, maybe TProcess is not capturing all the messages, or just capturing the very
last error message when in fact we need about 3 lines up.